Thursday, March 03, 2005

Ab bus...

The good thing about riding in a bus is you rediscover your city. I sat in one today after almost..well, don't even remember the years. And boy, did I enjoy it! Buildings, streets, shops, parks and even the people looked different from that high seat. And the best part was, there was this shop I would always try and watch closely whenever I drove to work - "what brand is that? It's a factory outlet. Lemme just read it once"...err.. oops, a bus came in my way or somebody honked my ears off from behind me and I had to turn my eyes on the road again. Not now; I not only read the brand displayed in the shop, I even noted down the shop timings and contact no. and the % of discount offered, and...well, you get the idea. But that's just a small part of it. There were many more buildings I rediscovered, many landmarks I'd missed earlier. "ohhh, so THAT'S the Diamond plaza my cousin would always ask me to watch out for..". I'd driven right under that board several times, never could actually get around to seeing it.
Now that I know my city better, I'm gonna carry a novel tomorrow. (Human beings are incorrigible, ain't we?)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ramana,
Ahhh, finally I can comment !
Like the way you write, will be back :)
Your post reminded me of commuting in Bombay.... though I did prefer the local rides to the bus rides.Shucks, now Im feeling all homesick :(

phatichar said...

Welcome anytime, Ash! :) Take care.

phatichar said...

Welcome anytime, Ash! :) Take care.

Anonymous said...

You sound like a little excited boy here! :) Fast forward 11 years, how much do these little things matter to you now?

phatichar said...

Oh some of these things do matter, even now..